General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a wave of new parameters that have a far-ranging significance for your authentication and identity strategy. If you haven’t yet, it is now time to get your act composed, seek out, test and contrivance technology solutions that will line up your organization with the new regulation. It can be done, but you need to get started today. The first step is acquainting yourself with these five key points about GDPR:
- Identities become your responsibility – In GDPR, the identity supplies for your organization are prominently prolonged. The auditors will heavily analyze the weak, static and easily-compromised credentials, wherever they exist today. The affliction of fortifying and detecting a breach and reporting go up intensely. Understanding of where the subtle exists and who has access to it should be the major focus. Then, work to secure access to your users and the data using resilient authentication.
- Go beyond password – GDPR does not command the two-factor and multifactor authenticated solutions, which is a vigilant reading of regulations. Clever organizations are looking forward to using the technology-refresh prospect to get rid of password completely. Pursue to eliminate passwords and in its place, move to much more contextual, behavioral and risk-based solutions that convey more expedient and safe options for your users.
- Business location does not matter – If your organization is not positioned in EU, but you are running your data through an EU data center or storing information on those customers with personally-identifiable statistics (PII) in EU, you need to be in defiance with the new law. This is a wake-up call to the companies erected in the US, Canada, Singapore, India, Japan and more, who think that GDPR does not apply.
- The forfeits are steep – The GDPR gets the most consideration for its eye-opening-fine system.
- Fines will be imposed – Early indications are that the EU supervisors are looking towards the prosecution divisions of the GDPR to use as a cudgel, possibly to make an example of a few non-complying firms.
TAKE A DEEP BREATH & MOVE TO A NEXT GENERATION AUTHENTICATION SOLUTION THAT WILL ASSIST YOU WELL FOR THIS AND OTHER DEFIANCE REGIMES!